History of the Northeastern Indiana Baptist Association
Northeastern Indiana Baptist Association (NEIBA) was formed in 1963 by four churches - Central, Elkhart; Jamestown; Forest Avenue, Mishawaka; and First Southern (now Statewood), Fort Wayne. These churches had constituted the eastern region of the Northern Indiana Association, which was affiliated with the Illinois State Association before the organization of the Indiana convention. Newly appointed Northern Indiana missionary, H.J. Conger began in 1959 serving the Fort Wayne area. In 1968, the churches in the South Bend/Elkhart area withdrew to form the North Central Association.
In 1965, Galen Irby was called to be the area missionary for Northeastern Indiana. Having moved to the area, May 8, 1960, he had served both as a Home Mission Board (HMB) missionary and pastor for the First Southern Baptist Church, now Statewood Baptist Church, Fort Wayne. Other missionaries who have served the area are Lowell Wright, Jess Cooke, T.B. Smith and Boyd Lacy. NEIBA's current missionary/Director of Missions is Matthew Gullion.
NEIBA currently has 30 churches in its association, including a Korean and a Spanish church.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
What Our Clients Are Saying
We are an Association of Southern Baptist Churches in the Northeast Region of Indiana! We are an association sharing Jesus not just in word only, but also in deeds! It is our goal to reach Northeastern Indiana with the Gospel of jesus Christ!